Janalee Card Chmel has been writing professionally since 1988, earning national recognition in fundraising, marketing, multimedia, video and creative writing. Janalee particularly enjoys the challenge of “grabbing” target audiences with words.
Janalee helps organizations communicate their mission and vision to key audiences. She has worked with entities as large as the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Xcel Energy, First Data, GMAC, AT&T Broadband, and Goodwill Industries, and with smaller, local organizations, as well.
With experience in print, video and website writing, Janalee offers your organization a breadth of opportunities to assist in your communication needs. Her experience also includes management of a university annual giving campaign, and public/media relations management.
Janalee’s creative writing includes nationally recognized short stories and a book titled, “Grant Me Serenity.”
- Bronze Telly, Xcel Energy, “Minutes to Safety” 2011
- Bronze Telly, Xcel Energy, “Fourmile Canyon Restoration: The Story” 2011
- Bronze Telly, Xcel Energy, “2010 Texas/New Mexico Report” 2011
- Bronze Telly, Xcel Energy, “Journey to Zero Four” 2011
- Best Strategy and Gold Key (highest honor): multimedia script for Janus Capital Group via Moxie Media Group, 2010
- Silver Telly (highest honor), Public Relations Category, Xcel Energy and National Renewable Energy Lab video describing the Wind-to-Hydrogen project, 2007
- Bronze Telly, Corporate Image Category, Xcel Energy and National Renewable Energy Lab video describing the Wind-to-Hydrogen project, 2007
- Media Communication Association International Video Film Festival “Silver Reel,” 2005
- Media Communication Association International Video Film Festival “Award of Merit,” 2005
- International Association of Business Communicators, Two Bronze Quills in 2005
- Public Relations Society of America, Silver Pick Award, 2001
- Society for Marketing Professional Services, Marketing Excellence Award, 2001
- Nonfiction book, “Grant Me Serenity,” took first place in the 2000 Authorlink writer’s contest
- Received two Honorable Mention awards in 1999 Writer’s Digest National Writing Competition (placed in top 100 of 14,000 entries)
- Presenter and panel member at Council for the Advancement and Support of Education 1998 national conference
- Recognized 13 times in three years by the National University Continuing Education Association for outstanding marketing efforts
- Recognized four times in three years by the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education for outstanding solicitation materials
- New Jersey Young Journalist Award, 1990
- New Jersey Women’s Press Club Award, 1990 Times Mirror Fellow, 1990